Thursday, August 04, 2005

The women’s circle.

You know, sometimes I get tired of the same question. It always comes once people learn about me and my lovely wife.

“Your wife sounds like an angel…how did she ever end up with you?’
I sigh and figure that I might as well tell the story.

‘Well, when I lived in Reno.’
‘You lived in Reno Why?’
‘I’ll get to that.’
‘Yes, let him tell the story.’
“As I was saying, I lived in Reno and I met the lady who would later become my wife.’
‘But why would she ever go out with you?’
‘Well, the local group of women elders, known as the Women’s Circle, got together and decided that they needed a sacrifice. Someone who would marry me and thereby save other women from being bothered by me. So Wonder Girl was chosen as the sacrifice.’
‘Oh GW, they’re not called a women’s circle, they’re called a coven.’
‘But you still haven’t explained how you ended back in California!’
‘Oh that’s simple. Once I was married, then the restraining order that prevented me from entering California was null and void. It was assumed that I would no longer bother other women.’
Well, it’s apparent to me that your wife is a saint.’

No comments: