Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Naked fun

“Have fun getting naked.” She said in the IM. I laughed. That’s the last thing I want to do when going to the Dermatologist! The more skin you expose, the more things the doc can find to cut, scrape and burn off.
My coworker says that she goes once a year. But she has very fair skin. Like alabaster.
That makes me wonder. I would expect that people with darker skin (assuming similar sun exposure) would have less sun damage? Fewer moles and strange skin growths? I am sure someone has done research on that.

But the doc said most of the things on my face are okay, just the results of age and sun exposure when I was little. We didn’t know that too much sun was bad for you, back in the 60’s and 70’s. But it is good to know that I don’t have any skin cancers and such.

The really nice thing was finding that a young lady that I used to work with, was now a nurse! It was great to see her and chat for a few minutes. She was always nice, even when I came to her with last minute parts to build, fix or test. A bright spot in my day.

The dark spot was mentioning a ‘sort of cyst’ in the middle of my back. The doc said that it wasn’t ‘sort of’ anything. It was a cyst and ought to be taken care of. I had three choices. Cortisone injection, a small incision to drain it, or the old ‘cut and thrust’ and have a nice scar on my back. We decide on the middle course. I can always come back and have a two inch long slit cut in my back.

Of course, it’s in the middle of my back, where I cannot reach. Wonder Girl gets to play doctor and change the bandage. I like playing the other type of doctor!

I will stay away from doctors for a while.

1 comment:

rich said...

hmmm... if the doc says that most of the things on your face are okay, I'd be seriously worried. Maybe your doctor should get his/her eyes checked. Or next time you see him, check his breath to see if he's been drinking. hehe

I kid. I kid.