Friday, August 12, 2005

EXILE

It’s Bunko night tonight. WG has eleven women coming over to play. Guys are not welcome. So I have to find a place to stay. Alas, poor over-protective dog must go too. You can’t count dice with a dog barking at you!

Bunko is a dice game played with twelve people. Once a month, the group meets at someone’s house and the games begin. There will be food, prizes, and lots of hen-clucking.
It’s amusing how guys and gals treat things. WG is getting the house decorated with the theme she has chosen, Hawaii. Lot’s of shopping was done to get the décor just right. The prizes and food all reflect the theme. I have helped where I could. The mixtape is all set for her.
Today we spent setting up. While I did the lawns and a quick trip to the store, WG got the house ready. Clean up this and that, put things away. We really don’t want the house to look lived in. Once my stuff was done, WG said I should just go play in the garage, or something. No need for me to be underfoot. And I am available if needed.
It’s the same as when I am doing a project. Leave me alone to make the thing. If I need help, I’ll ask.
We both cut up the chicken and made the skewers.

I’ll start the barbeque in a few minutes and cook the skewer. Keeps me out of her hair.

By six, I will pack up some food, beer and the dog; and head to Al’s. Well spend the evening doing whatever, until it’s time to for me to come home.

Now if I planned a poker night with the guys, it would be simple.
Beer, chips, dip, pizza; play poker. The guys couldn’t care less if there was a theme and if the house was clean.

Amusing. But we all have our priorities.

As long as I don’t burn the skewer, I will be a hero.

No comments: