Sunday, May 08, 2005

Where the bad girls are.

A three hour layover in Las Vegas. As I get off the plane and walk into the terminal, I can smell smoke! It’s nice to catch a whiff in a terminal today. That means I don’t have to go outside, go through security again This is good.
A leisurely cig, walk to the Taco Bell, a bit of lunch. Then I remember the nickname DT thought of the other night, ‘Gillette Girl’. It oh so works.
I know where the bad girls are, where they hang out. When I turn from my desk at home, I sometimes see a young High School girl, standing across the street, smoking.
At the hotel this week, I spied two of the front desk ladies standing by the back door, cutting a butt.
And in the terminal smoking room, there are bad girls and bad boys. And it stinks in here. I have grown so accustomed to smoking outside, even at home, that I really don’t like it indoors. If it wasn’t so quiet, I could probably get away with letting a fart go. Maybe not.
I had dinner with DT on Wednesday. I have not seen her in almost two years. DT is a good girl.
DT and I have a odd friendship, in that we were friends long before we ever met. We are friends still, and we always try to get together for a dinner, when I go east. She is much younger than I, twenty one years, but when you become friends over the phone, email, who you are is what is liked, not what you look like; or how old.
And DT is fun, fun to talk to, personable, and has good laugh.
And yes, she is pretty too!
When Wonder Girl and I were in Cebu, so was DT. WG and DT became friends and when the restaurant woman mistook DT for our daughter, we all thought it was so funny. DT began calling us mom and dad. So for the few weeks we were there, we had a daughter to watch over and take care of.
DT and I share the same birthday, hence, The Daughter-Twin.
So, last Wednesday, as I told DT about the strange tale of EL, DT coined the nickname.
The story of EL.
Years ago.
EL arrived at the plant for two weeks of training. EL was young and hot. Everyone noticed her and it was more than the ‘fresh meat syndrome’. It wasn’t just her looks and the way she walked. She picked up on the office banter immediately. And she was one of those people who exuded sensuality. (and yes, my ‘gaydar’ hummed a little)
After getting settled in, she mentioned to a group of us that she did not have a computer to work at. Being the gentleman that I am, I offered her the use of my spare laptop.
The next day, as I was in the hall talking to RM, describing this saucy little number that was here for training, EL walkup. Eyes sparkling mischievously, in a loud voice she said, "Good morning, Laptop Sugar Daddy."
And walked on, laughing.
You could see the surprise and a bit of jealousy in RM’s eyes. For here was a young hottie paying attention to me, instead of him and he knew he had been outmaneuvered.
It was fun, those two weeks, seeing guys checking her out, and then having them hear her call me her LTSD.
Most of us at the plant had worked there for over ten years. We gently teased each other about things. We knew each other pretty well and were like family.
Monday rolls around and EL finds me and wants to tell me about her weekend. Her girlfriend had flown out from the east and the two of them rented a room in the city. They had a blast!
I remember her saying, "You would not imagine the things we did!"
‘Sorry darlin’, I thought to myself, ‘you don’t want to know the workings of this perverted mind. You can bet you tight little white butt that I CAN imagine!’
The week ended. EL gave me back the laptop, gave me a little hug, a big thank you and returned to the east.
And the story seems to end, as it should.
Weeks go by and I we did exchange a few work emails, as she still had some questions and sometimes, I was the right one to ask. She always addressed me respectively as ‘LTSD’.
And then I had cause to fire up the laptop to retrieve a file. The laptop was a little sluggish, so I checked the hard drive space(back then drives had limited space). There was almost none left! I went right to the explorer cache and found gobs of files there.
Well, my computer, I can look. Most of the stuff was pretty normal until I checked the pictures!
Seems that she had spent a lot of time surfing the ALS website, and she had good taste! Oh? You say you don’t know ALS? It may still exist.
All Ladies Shaved
Nuff said!
So, my first impression was correct, as was my imagination when EL talked about her weekend.
DT loved the story and immediate suggested that I give her the nickname of ‘Gillette Girl’. And I could immediately picture EL, Razor in one hand and a wicked hungry look in her eyes and saying, ‘Any young ladies need a shave?’
I never saw EL again, and a few years later she was laid off. That was too bad, but I always have the fun story to tell people.

No comments: