Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A Cold Day North of Boston

Well, this morning did not start out well. I woke up at 3:30am and struggled to get another nightmare out of my head. A little variation on the usual plant closings ones.
This time, I was the only one left in the Hudson building(I wonder how many Bostonian even know where that is?), working away at my desk. I left the little office to get some lunch and when I came back, my desk and laptop were gone. Rushing downstairs, I found the moving people loading the last of the furniture into a big moving van. They all claimed that they never touched my office. Then they left and I was forced to try and walk home. My car keys were in the laptop case.
It was a long walk home and the whole time I was worried about trying to get another laptop and rebuild my lesson plans for the new people I was training.
People sprayed hoses at me, dogs tried to bite me, it was a long walk and at some point, I woke up.
I tossed and turned for an hour and finally managed to fall back asleep.
The alarm woke me up at six, and when I tried to take a shower, there was no hot water! I called the front desk, and I guess when the changed one of the water heaters the day before, someone didn’t turn something back on.
I was not about to take a cold shower, and I didn’t know if any of my coworkers lived nearby. I think DT is not to far away, but I don’t have her phone number. I know she would have let me use her shower, but I would have had to make sure no one ever heard about it! It just wouldn’t sound good, me taking a shower at her apartment!
It sure seemed like it was going to be a bad day, but I was pleasantly surprised. The sky had cleared from the night before. The people I was supposed to train seemed eager and attentive. The lesson went well. The afternoon meetings went well. Okay, I only got to see Prada-Girl just long enough to get a hug. It would have been nice to at least sit and chat over a cup of coffee.
Back to the hotel and a light dinner. Phone call with my sweetie and now I can relax a little. All in all, not a bad day.

No comments: