Tuesday, February 15, 2005

when dee mood is there

Sometimes, a beginning seems almost lost in time.
Hard to remember if first there was a glimpse, a chance sighting, someone talked about someone.
But I remember walking into the bank and trepidatiously, approaching the loan officer. I sit and look at the loan officer. She is so cute! As I explain what I need, want, I watch her grey-green eyes sparkle and dance. Forms are filed out. She has a nice smile. Warm. And something else.
I know something will be wrong with me, no car loan.
But she is so cute. How long can I sit and talk to her?
I know someone, who knows someone, who works at this same branch.
The worlds can come together. (yeah, right)

She hands me back the form, asks for some more information. I write more and look up at her as I pass back the form. I smile, she smiles back. There is just a hint of mischievousness in her smile, her eyes.
She looks to be just a little older than me, maybe.

I pass muster, the check is handed to me, and the payment book. I thank her and walk out the door, off to buy my first car.

And you know, over two decades later, she is still only a little older than me. Her eyes still sparkle. And when she smiles, the mischief dances up into her eyes.

No comments: