Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dinner with Skinner

The logistics of being out of town, while friends are scattered around the Boston area; can be daunting. This especially true since the roads and off ramps change daily.
But I was finally able to get some free time in my busy schedule and touch base with Skinner.
It’s funny, but I can call it all manner of things. Basically, it’s dinner with a friend of mine. If I want to get people to talk, well then, I have a date with Skinner.
Skinner is 5’2", short light brown hair and blue-gray eyes that just sparkle with intelligence, mischief, and intensity. I have known her for…gosh, fifteen years now! Every time I am in Boston, I try to get together with her. Maybe just for a beer, maybe for dinner. She is just fun to be around. (yes, and quite attractive!)
The one time I brought WG to Boston with me, Skinner took the day off and took WG all over town while I had to work. The two of them had never met. You just have to love her.
So I drove into town and met her for dinner at the Red Rock. (Oh, it would have been so amusing, to have run into Prada-Girl!)
I had a great time with her, catching up on our lives. (I so miss working with her.) She spins a good yarn and it just fun listening to her.
I was careful and only had one beer. After all, I had to drive, while Skinner rides the train. I told Skinner there was another reason to only have one beer. If I had too many beers, she might take advantage of me! (here is where we pause for just a moment, allow all of you to step off the curb, into the gutter. Now while you are all thinking dirty thoughts…)
For I knew if I had too much to drink, I would wake up in the back seat of her car, surrounded by brushes, rollers and cans of paint. She and her husband would be laughing maniacally in the front seats; for now they had someone to help paint their summer house and they didn’t even need a ladder!
Skinner laughed when I told her that.
Alas, she could not stay too late, she had a train to catch. But the few hours we could spend together was worth it.

No comments: