Sunday, November 04, 2018

San Miguel in Cebu

from 3-24-2012 Back in the day, San Miguel beer had these radio commercials where a guy would have some big adventure. Afterwards, he would have a San Miguel beer, which tasted good. Then he would say that every time he had a San Miguel it would remind him of that adventure.
Flash forward to 2006.
That weekend, my friends (eight rather attractive young women) in Cebu took me island hopping. Cruise around in a boat, view the lush little islands, swim in the warm sea and dive underwater and watch the fish.
At lunchtime, they brought out the food. Roast pork, roast chicken, fresh mangos, pineapples, rice and more. As I sat down, Josie handed me a bag. “Here Dens, I brought you beer!”
It was a San Miguel beer, it tasted good!

Now every time I have a San Miguel beer I remember that day on the water and the eight delightful young ladies who shared it with me.

No comments: