Wednesday, August 30, 2006

You’re not the one for me

I remember the conversation. There were a bunch of us sitting around the table; laughing, eating, talking. I don’t recall how the conversation shifted, but Sundae said, “And then my boy friend said I was too fat.”
In the ensuing silence, all I could say was, “And he is still alive?”
There was some laughter around the table and I forget who said what next. But I know what I should have said. Not some funny line, but what I felt like saying.
“Then he is not your boy friend.”

For he really has no business being around her. He should like her for who she is and what she looks like. Period! And Sundae is a far cry from one of the Gorgon sisters. She is good looking, a great, fun smile, smart and yes, she has a nice figure.
Okay, so it’s not as good as WG’s; but then I know how lucky I am!
So, since Sundae can attract a good guy, she shouldn’t waste her time with someone who doesn’t like the way she looks.

I know, I know, perhaps I am a little ‘bolero’ and I have been accused of that. But come on! It’s not as if I am trying to seduce any of my female friends. I am trying to be nice and complimentary. There is no harm in being truthful and nice.

And maybe I don’t know enough about Sundae and her man.

But I think she needs to say-
“You’re not the one for me.”

No comments: