Sunday, August 20, 2006

Los Lonely Boys

All is quiet tonight. The video is back in it’s case. The Tommy dog is quietly watching the back door and I am checking my email.
Quite quiet.

Wonder Girl is off taking care of her Aunt and will be away for five days. Just across the bay, an hour away.
Aunt had a little surgery last week. Something like the repair of a hernia. Not major. Aunt’s son only stayed a few days before the surgery and few days after Aunt got home from the hospital. ‘No where near long enough,’ says WG. ‘I’ll go take care of her for a few days. I’m sure she needs it.’
Aunt is eighty-five, in good health and very independent. Rarely complains, so she probably would not ask for help and WG knows this. So off she goes.

And the boys are left at home. I understand, Tommy does not. Oh, he will pout a little and he will snub WG when she returns. How dare she leave him!
It’s bad enough that she goes next door to feed the cats. Tommy knows where she has been, he can smell cats on her!
So now it is up to me to feed the neighbors cats twice a day. Four cats that, twice a day, are very happy to see me. They know how Tommy feels, for they have been left to fend for themselves! They don’t get a lot of love from me. Just a little petting and some scratches under the chin. I really don’t need my allergies to kick in; especially from four cats!
So no cats on laps, or shoulders.

Tommy sniffs me suspiciously when I return.

So it was ‘V’ tonight, then a Zombie movie, and 2 sc-fi’s. Flicks that WG rally does not care for. A good time for me to catch up, I am too far behind. Half the time, I forget what videos I wanted to see.

It’s almost bed time. I’ll take the dog out for one last yard patrol.
Then…yawn…to bed.

No comments: