Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nerd is the word

My half-awake mind wanders down strange paths, when we take our early morning walk with the dog.

Can you use Nerdlette? Is it more of a female nerd, or just a little nerd? Or maybe a little female nerd?(perhaps there is cuteness factor?)

I guess I should use the more common ‘ette. (female)
As in “He’s an Usher, she’s an Usherette”.
(or small)
“It was cramped with the two of us, in the little kitchenette.”

So then she is a Nerdette? But I like Nerdlette better, it sounds more fun and more feminine.

This is Jack, this is his sister, Jackette. No no, you say. You meant a jacket. The thing you wear that keeps the cold away.
Well my friend, I am sure that a Jackette can keep the cold away too!
But I digress.

Pip calls me Dude!, I call her Dudette.
Perhaps a Dudelette is just a small dude? (is it one ‘t’, or two?)
I call our Tommy dog ‘The Dudelette’, because when we had the big dog, it was the Dude and the Dudelette.

And as my mind wakes up, the train of thought jumps back on the track and stops wandering.
You could just call her by her real name.

But I have too much fun playing with words.

No comments: