Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mother of Invention


Years ago, as a single guy, I could indulge in tinkering.

The small black and white TV(color was still very expensive). With no remote, no sleep timer, everything had to be done manually.

So the TV was hooked up to a modified clock radio (the brown box to the right of the lamp). This gave me the ability to use the clock radio’s sleep timer to turn off the TV automatically.

Another switch on the clock radio operated the motors that raised and lowered the TV.
This allowed me to adjust the volume, change the channel, then move the TV back up to an easier viewing place.

Bootlegged cable gave me more than the normal 3 TV stations that were available via the rabbit ears.

And one week after ES send me a card about TV falling on a guy in bed, my TV fell, narrowly missing a comely, freckle-faced lass who was watching TV with me.
The TV never went back up.

No comments: