Sunday, June 11, 2006

Looking for Betty look a likes, Part two.

(look at part 1, 1-25-05)

It just dawned on me why she hunts down her look a likes and kills them.

She mentioned a few years ago, how she was having problems with her kidneys. Now she never mentions it.
She used to wear a bikini at the beach, a halter top at other times. Oh, she still wears snug clothes, so I can tell she still has her slim figure and flat stomach. She just never shows them anymore.
The last time I visited, I remember when she stood on her tip-toes, to reach a high shelf. Her short tee shirt pulled up for just a second, revealing two matching scars on either side of her stomach. It also revealed the end of the long scar where they had opened up her chest.
I didn’t understand it then, but I do now. She was one of the first, one of the few that escaped. But as a prototype, she is imperfect and her organs are starting to fail.
So she hunts her younger, newer look a likes. For that is her only sure source of replacement parts.
And they keep experimenting, replacing the ones she makes vanish.

And now I don’t know what to do. Continue to tell her when I see a look a like? Help to keep my friend alive? And at the same time, promoting the endless slaughter of the new ones?
For even though they are the same, none of them are Betty.
Nature vs. nurture.
Same cute, petite figure, blonde hair, and blue-gray eyes. But none of them have the same devilish smile and sparkle in their eyes.

No comments: