Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Clean the blood off the wall, please.

“I need to do something about my gut”, she said. “Loose fifteen pounds.”
(Amusing how a Kilogram chick worries in pounds.)
Maybe, kinda. Anyone can lose a few pounds, well except Willow.
But it isn’t always true, that they need to. A few extra pound can round out a figure very nicely.
If those few pounds make the tummy bulge, then I can understand the desire to remove them. If they just add a little more curve to the hips or butt, then you have less to worry about.

But she knows the answer as well as I do, eat less, exercise more. Everyone knows that by now, but perhaps we are too lazy :-)

I try to help, reassure them. Do they understand? (Perhaps I am a bit of a Bolero, does Bugoy also fit? I do not have a good definition.) But do they understand that I will use a compliment occasionally, just to be nice? It’s not as if I am looking to sweet-talk them into bed. I think it is important to compliment a woman, help her see that there are attractive aspects to who and what she is.
If I say that she has a pretty smile, then it’s pretty. If I say that she is wonderfully curvy, then she is. I am not trying to avoid saying fat. If I think she’s fat, I will say nothing. But you all know that if a woman has a defective mental image of herself, then you have to dance around her silly ideas and try to help change them, perhaps just a little. And maybe, over time, get her to stop using terrible worlds to describe what the rest of us find so alluring.

So I continue to bang head against the wall. Stopping only occasionally to wash the blood off.

No comments: