Sunday, April 02, 2006

Words never die on the Internet

Amusing that something is still popular.

Back before there was the world wide web, you could post things on the Usenet groups. People would read it and sometimes comment. So few people out there. My friend asked me to post a story of hers. So I did.

That was over thirteen years ago!

And some years ago, I was googling my old email address, and here was the story!

For fun, this weekend, I checked again.

Eight different erotic websites have the story. Two miss-categorized it!

I guess she is lucky I did not use her name or email address.

Of course if you were to search for D…@Z… you could find it.

That does make it unlucky for me, because the company name is on it. Hmmm…I did work with a lot of pranksters back then and we didn’t have much in the way of security. Yeah, I can always say someone used my computer during lunch.

What might be more interesting, is how easy I found it. If you search for an Elizabeth Lowell, or a Patty Brown, you would get thousands of hits. Search for D… @ Z… you get 8.

Something so easily found and no one is looking for it.

No comments: