Monday, March 14, 2005

One less

I got sad news today. My High School sweetheart’s mom passed away today. Perhaps the email may not have been the most personal way to spread the news, But I am sure that if PB had phoned me with the news, it would have been difficult for her to talk.

Easier with email.

I had not seen her mom for perhaps five years, but she had the same warm smile, the same warm greeting; that I remember .
Such a nice lady.

Of course, when PB and I were dating in high school, perhaps a bit too nice? Yes, we just wanted to sit in her family room and neck. But her mom always wanted to know if we wanted to play dominos. Did I want a snack? Etc…

Of course my PB will miss her. As will the rest of her family.

As will I, for the world is now short a nice person.

No comments: