Saturday, March 12, 2005

A matter of unnatural security

So, there was a small matter of a deposit to be done. So, account number in hand, I am off to the bank on Thursday. I have never been to this bank before, but banks are banks.
Park up the street, next to the Starbucks. No time for a latte, business first.
So, a nice walk down the block. It is a beautiful spring day, almost 80. A few women in shorts and tee shirts. Ah yes, spring is here. While the poor bastards in the northeast are slogging through the snow, freezing their nuts off; we have sweaty balls.
But I digress.
Enter the bank (are jeans and tee shirt nondescript enough?) and walk to the little table and grab a deposit slip. Hmmm…I have too many numbers. I could make a call, get clarification; but no, I was trusted to handle this on my own. Drop two zeros and trust your charm.

I wait my turn and glance around. Cameras everywhere, but no security. I am waved over to a teller.
I pass the slip to the teller and explain my problem. Cousin out of the country, won’t be back for two more years. Account going inactive. Blah…blah…blah. The lies fall easily off my lips and I turn on the charm.
I smile, she smiles back. A nice smile, friendly. Good for her, a nice smile. She is a little plain. Nothing to write home about.
We chat as she checks the account. ‘Oh, this is an out of state account, you’ll need a different slip. I have one here, I’ll fill it out for you.”
“Thanks.” I smile.
She smiles back.

Well, cousin is gonna get an earful.

I look over the teller, as she fills out the slip.
Now I try to be a gentleman, but sometimes, the warthog slip out.
Pale skin, nice freckles. One earring at the top of her ear. Tight Black sweater fits nicely over small breasts. Not much more than speed bumps for the tongue, as it travels the path to the nether regions. But that’s probably okay for her and…check the hand…the fiancĂ©e. Nice diamond! Speed bumps are obviously not a problem! Just as well, I sure she would rather he rock the little man in the boat, than play Magellan and spend all his time circumnavigating the globes.
Slim waist and…
My attention snaps back as I region control. I hand her the cash. A few more keystroke and I am given a receipt.
‘All set.’
‘Thanks for all your help.’
“You’re welcome. And have a good afternoon.’ She smiles cheerfully.
‘And you have a good day too.’ I smile back, turn and leave.

And I am out the door and back into the sunshine. A quick walk to the car and I’ll be on my way.
That went well, no problems. No alarms, no heavy hand on the shoulder. One can never tell with cousin. She lives her own life, plays by her own rules. At least this time it was simple. Not like that weekend in... That…well, some tales are not yet ready to be told. I hope everything goes well down south and that she can come visit soon. Cousin is always fun.

No comments: