Saturday, September 10, 2005

Local darkness

As I was tightening the last screw, the spa breaker went clunk, clunk.
“Something’s wrong with the spa.” WG said.
“Power outage.” I said as I got off my knees and went to the outdoor light switch. Nothing happened.
Okay, I’ll finish up putting some boards along the base of the deck. We could see evidence of something digging at the edge of the lawn and getting under the deck. From there, the rats are getting under the deck, and under the house. I can’t get under the deck, so this is the next best thing. With luck, the little bastards will starve to death, or better yet, nibble on the generous food on the traps.(Bwahahaha!) Barring that, they at least won’t get under the house.
And lest you think it’s terrible, my poor coworker has some nice tomato plants, but no tomatoes. Something is eating them.

And perhaps we should talk to the dog. He is not patrolling well enough. We can tell because we find that squirrels are starting to bury their nuts. (yes, squirrels can be like rats, but a little cuter.)

And now the power comes back on and perhaps I should get some more tools and fix some other things. Oh, I can make some more coffee now!

No comments: