Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Too Cool Hydrant


Well, I finally finished the old fire hydrant that my brother in law gave us. I was lucky, since Waterman had already done most of the work refurbishing it. He had the hydrant powder coated in a bright red. Cleaned up most of the brass (it was a used hydrant!). So I just had to clean the rest of the paint off the brass and polish it. Putting it together was simple.



The next step was to pour a concrete base and cover the base with stones. Wondergirl got all the stones fitted (some chipping was required) and lined up on a round board. All I had to do was take them off the board and mortar them to the base.

And there it is, sitting nicely in front of the house. (and too far away for most dogs to get to!)

WonderGirl to is so happy!

No comments: