Monday, March 20, 2006

A bad weekend, a good weekend.

I guess when it rains, it pours. Saturday morning and I thought I’d have the Quaker granola cereal. It’s a little too chewy and crunchy than I like, but I like the flavor.
Well, halfway through the bowl, something on a tooth broke and had to spit out a piece of filling. Okay, a small chunk came out and it doesn’t hurt. No problem, call the dentist Monday morning and make an appointment. I am sure it’s time for a crown.

Saturday was the family party, ES was up from LA. Had a fun time and it was amusing to see what they did when my nephew opened the bean-bag chair and turned the playroom into a Styrofoam winter wonderland. Poor YB and his wife will be cleaning that up for weeks.

Got home to find the toilet backing up into the bathtub. So get out the snakes and do the plumbing thing. Nothing worked. Crawling under the house confirmed my conclusion, the main sewer line needed work.
So, to bed at 1:30 in the morning> I guess I had better call the plumber first thing Monday morning, dentist second.

Sunday was a visit to Aunt Obie-one. Forget your troubles. Yes, do the handyman thing there too, but simple stuff. Aunt Obie-one enjoys our visits and she is fun to talk to.

So, the plumber was here for three hours Monday morning, but the sewer works properly and the tree roots are all gone. Wednesday, go see Dr drill-and-fill; see what the damage is.

After the bathroom ceiling mess, now the motorized snake mess. Yes, WG and I are tired of the bathroom problems and cleaning up afterwards. Well, I guess a little painting never hurt, again.

No comments: