Monday, January 24, 2005

Wasting time

It's a quiet night tonight. A small storm is coming in and is keeping the fog at bay. It was fun, in an odd way, to watch the fog this weekend. W and I would take a break from putting up the wainscoting, go onto the back deck for a cig. We could see the fog sitting on the ridgeline. Sitting, waiting. As the day progressed, the fog began to move. When we stopped at five, the fog had flowed to the base of the hills, hit the base and splashed up like a giant wave. We stood there, watching the waves arc up, flow, cover the city.

As darkness falls, the fog envelops us. Thick, quiet. Soon we cannot see down the block. It is damp and cold. Not the cold of a dry 15 degrees, but a damp 45 degrees is worse.

I should email LP about the cold and damp and complain. Why it was 4o damp degrees this morning! We might get a little rain by morning. LP lives near Boston. Bet she got dumped on and has had to shovel snow. If I tell her of my rough weather, she'll tell me that I suck. She does not like being teased when her weather is bad. But I have not teased her for a while. Nor has she told me I suck.
I need that affirmation, once in a while.

GW

No comments: