Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Immoral quandary

Just for fun, I used to read the personals. Sometimes it was interesting and I have gotten a few story ideas from them. The most interesting are the ‘missed connections’. Times when someone sees a person who is interesting but lacks the ‘something’ to approach the person, so they post an ad in the local paper. Almost like putting a message in a bottle and throwing it into the ocean.
And now we have CL, where people can post ‘missed connections’ quickly and for free.
It is interesting the number of people who post that they wished they would be someones ‘missed connection’. Sure, I understand that. A little anonymous ‘I think you’re cute.’, might life a person’s spirits, especially if they can imagine the person is not a creep.

So I was rather surprised to read one and realize that I knew whom the MC posting was about.
(I’ll remove the telltales) I quote-
“I see you at least once a week. You have the coolest store in town and you are such a sweetheart. You always seem to have a song in your heart and a dance in your step. Your eyes are intoxicating and I just wonder, could you be happy with someone half your age? I am available, are you?

I know the shopkeeper and do business with him on occasion; hence the quandary. My first thought was to email him about the posting. I mean, who would not like the idea of some young thing thinking they’re attractive. But what if he shares his email with his wife?
Then I thought of telling him the next time I visit the shop, but although I don’t think that he would snap at the bait of a young lass half his age; I see no reason to give him the slightest encouragement to misbehave.
So I’ll just be quiet.

1 comment:

Lee said...

You chose well.