Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kith the girls and make me cry

I was good, last September and held my tongue. The whole time I was there, I saw my friends, talked and laughed with them; had a really fun time (as usual).
And not once did I turn to Little Appetizer and say, “You do realize, don’t you, that you will never see me again?”
It would have been cruel to say that, especially since my friend is doing what makes her happy.
So I kept quiet and had fun with her and all of my friends.

And now it occurs to me, as I review my severance package, that I won’t be sent to that little island to train people anymore.

And that I will never see them again.

2 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Yeah, I thought of this yesterday. :-(
Can you save up enough pennies to go there on vacation? Well, it would be something to look forward to. Anticipation is part of a well-planned vacation.

GW said...

But half way there is Hawaii. It's a little more tempting for a relaxing vacation. But yes, seeing friends again would be nice.