Sunday, July 22, 2007

Girl's day

Yes, it is amusing, watching all the wedding preparations, how so much of the wedding is just for the girls.
Seriously folks, we guys are so not worried about things. It their food? Are there cold things to drink? Here is the bride, here is the groom, there is the minister. Okay, everything is okay.
Yes, extra touches can make things go a little better. A little makeup makes the bride a little prettier. But she is already pretty. The groom is handsome. They are both nice people.
I am always amused by the fuss. I can sit here and look back over my 26 years of marriage; the wedding is the easy part and is only one day. If you think it’s that important, it is not. The important things are the work you put into a marriage, day in and day out.

So I do enjoy watching all the fuss.


Five hours to go.
I am relaxed. Our only job was to deliver the wedding dress. That is done and the responsibility is off our shoulders.

I need to take pictures.
I need to have fun
Such a tough assignment.

No comments: