Sunday, July 21, 2013

Maybe flattered


The other day, Wonder-Girl came back from a women’s get together and told me a strange thing. She said, “Do you know what Chemical-Girl said to me tonight? She said, ‘All the women want your husband.’”
“What?” I said incredulously.
“She said that.”

Now I am totally perplexed. You’ve met me and you know that I’m a pretty average looking guy. So that can’t be it. Now I do have a lot of female friends, in fact most of my friends are female. I suppose that means that I’m a pretty nice guy and fun to be with. (And probably because I am not trying to get into their pants, they feel safe and comfortable around me?)
I think it also might be because Wonder-Girl doesn’t constantly grouse about me? (I am only guessing this because we all know that when a spouse is on their own, they may say things.)

Maybe it’s because most of the women are divorced, or married to their second husband; and this is my first?

I don’t know. I just can’t figure that one out.

No comments: